testing

God is Good All The Time...  

Posted by Cyndi Lou in ,

And ALL the time GOD IS GOOD!!

We say that so often, that many times, when we hear someone else start to quote it, we finish it for them. We say it, but do we truly believe it? Do we truly believe that our God is good ALL the time? What about when...

  • We are hurting?
  • We see a friend hurting, or losing a job, or going through a divorce?
  • We lose a friend, due to moving away, or a disagreement of some kind?
  • Our spouse is under persecution at work?
  • Our children are hurting or struggling and we can't 'fix' it?
  • When someone we love dies and we ache to see them just once more?
Is God TRULY good during those times? I say YES, not just a tiny, little yes, but a gigantic, huge, resounding YES! Now, I wouldn't have said 'Yes!' 9 years ago, or 5 years ago, or 4 years ago when I was going through some very, very tough things in my life at each of those times. But God is so good to keep loving and guiding us even when we are so foolish and even when we are so angry at HIM for messes we created or for situations that simply hurt us. He amazes me, that God of ours,... His patience, love, grace, mercy, and sovereignty over us and for us! It is quite UNREAL! No, really it is!!

This week, He has shown me that He works ALL things together for GOOD for those who are called according to His purpose and His will. Even though we see things as hard or heart breaking or down right terrible, He is working all around us to bring those events, heart aches, moments of anger, tears, even death to GOOD for those who love HIM!! I saw that today and this week in more ways than one...
  • I saw an answer to a prayer that Joe and I have been praying for almost 3 years now. He answered it TODAY right before my very eyes!
  • I saw a broken friendship beginning to be reconciled and healed in a way no one would have seen coming! And, this too, happened right before my very eyes!
  • I saw words spoken, put on a human heart by a powerful God, bring down walls that had been built so high that I wasn't sure they could come down!
  • I saw a co-worker blessed beyond words at a ministry that I take for granted in my work place.
  • I saw a friend's heart open up to hear the gospel and listen for the first time ever, right before my very eyes!!
You see, I saw Him, our BIG, HUGE GOD, that we try to put in a small, teeny, tiny box work things together for GOOD!!!! Do you hear me my sweet friends? Now, I am not saying, that over the coming years ahead, I won't falter, and I won't question, and I won't cry and ask why! I am SURE I will do all of those things. BUT, you see He showed me today, on November 14, 2008 that there is a reason we call Him....
  • El Shaddai - "God all sufficient" or "God Almighty"
  • Adonai - "Master"
  • Elohim - "Creator, Preserver, Transcendent, Mighty & Strong"
  • Jehovah- "I am who I am"
  • Jehovah-Ropha- "The Lord who heals"
  • Jehova-Jireh- "The Lord will provide"
Those are fitting, amazing names for our Almighty Heavenly Father, but the one He most likes to hear, I believe, is 'Daddy'. We are like little children in His eyes. And, today, my Daddy, your Daddy, showed me how BIG He is and how much He loves me and how He has been attending to all of these circumstances all of this time and I didn't even know it!

So, the next time you hear someone start out saying 'God is good....' finish it for them, with them, with much joy and excitement in your voice and then remember this, that's your Daddy they're talking about!!

God is good ALL THE TIME and all the time, GOD IS GOOD!!!

This entry was posted on November 14, 2008 at Friday, November 14, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

This comment has been removed by the author.
Sat Nov 15, 09:14:00 AM 2008

My daddy is a huge and powerful God. He allows things to sift through His fingers that he knows were meant for my good even when I really, really, really have to squint my eyes to even possibly see a tiny sliver of that good. He continues to sustain me in my weakness and he loves me in spite of my dirty, snotty self. My God is not Good....he's MAGNIFICENT!!! Without him, I don't know how I could endure the everyday snotty stuff that happens in this sinful, hell bound Babylon. Sometimes, the enduring is hard, but it always grows sweeter when I recognize that he's there to get me through it...to love on me and hold my hand. Cyndi, your post made me cry and it was very timely. I love you!

Sat Nov 15, 09:14:00 AM 2008

Sat Nov 15, 09:16:00 AM 2008

It is such an encouragement when you see a friend get answers to prayer.....things that you have helped her pray about.

What a faith booster!

This is exactly the thing I was talking about in my 'Friends' post when I said I just enjoy laughing when they laugh, and crying when they cry.

I'm rejoicing with you!

Sat Nov 15, 10:56:00 AM 2008

PS- I'm wondering if that just wasn't your advent devotion right there........maybe you weren't drawing a blank after all.

Sat Nov 15, 10:58:00 AM 2008

Shana,

Oh, I didn't even THINK about that!! WOW, you are GOOD!! I love you girl!

Sat Nov 15, 11:16:00 AM 2008

Great post. I didn't comment the first time I read it because it takes forever to comment using my phone where I catch up on blog reading.

Tue Nov 25, 05:36:00 AM 2008

Post a Comment