testing

A "Perfect Blend of Friendship" Award  

Posted by Cyndi Lou in ,

And the award goes to.... me and 5 of you lucky blog readers/girlfriends out there, if I still have 5 left-- blog readers that is! (I know I have 5 friends left, but I am not sure they still read my blog!) :) I know, I know, I have not posted in over 3 weeks, so there is NOTHING to read... that is CRAZY!! I think I hear the 'blog police' sirens NOW!! :) October has been crazy busy and I have been sick a couple of times too, including RIGHT NOW!!! (I digress....)

But, nonetheless, a childhood friend of mine, Trina, blessed me with this award, so I am going to answer the questions on the questionnaire and then tag 5 of my girlfriends who blog so that they can be blessed as well. The questionnaire questions are below:

1. Do you have the same friends since childhood?

Yes & No is my answer. I have a few close girlfriends that I still keep in touch with from childhood. We moved around a lot, which was hard for me. I made new friends wherever I went, which is part of the reason I don't meet a stranger today and I am not the least bit shy! But, I am reconnecting with many of my childhood friends on FaceBook. It is GREAT to see where they all ended up and to see that many of them still love the Lord! That is awesome.

But, I DO have 1 childhood girlfriend who has stayed close and who has endured all of the moves with me, as well as all of the boyfriends, squabbles, church retreats, summer camps (@ Ridgecrest, NC), high school, sappy movies, sappy songs, college, getting married, and finally becoming a mom! Her name is Karen Shaw and she is one of the most wonderful women you will ever meet! I have such AWESOME memories of growing up and MANY of them, if not almost all of them, include Karen! I can't imagine growing up without her. She is such an awesome blessing from the Lord and she was given to me at such a young age!! I didn't even know how much she would bless me over my lifetime, and she still is blessing me to this very day!! And, through FB, I am able to be blessed by several other awesome ladies who I grew up with in church, like Trina T., Tonya L., Sharon L., Cindy B., & Meg G.

2. What do you value most about your friends?

I value their uniqueness and quirkiness. I value their love for the Lord! I REALLY value their ability to make me laugh, even on the worst day. I value that I can be silly with them, laugh out loud with them, or be crazy and let loose with them! I value that I can cry in front them or say something totally absurd in front of them and they still love me and they don't pass judgement. I value that they are real and transparent with me, even when it hurts sometimes. I value that they are such beautiful women, both inside and out!! I value that they would be at my home at 3 AM if tragedy struck, no questions asked!! I value that they pray with me and for me. I value that they all bring different viewpoints and opinions into my world and they make me think. I value that they each love their family and their friends passionately! I value that our precious children are growing up together!! I value that they are my true "HIDERS"!! I value them so very much and I don't tell them often enough how truly special they are to me!!

3. Are your friends your sounding boards?

YES!! They are!! Are you kidding me??!! You can ask Shana, I usually will ask them their opinion and input on almost any topic. Yes, I take it to my Heavenly Father and I pray, but sometimes, a victory, or a big decision, or just something that happened in the middle of an ordinary day needs to be shared with them or talked through with my girlfriends! They are awesome sounding boards and many times, it takes a long time to listen to me and a lot of patience! They are awesome at doing both-- listening and having patience.

4. What is your favorite activity to share with your friends?

A girls' night out, a girls' weekend away, or a great bible study evening where we worship, get in His word, study, praise, and then pray!

Now, I am passing this on to 5 friends...

1. Jennifer J.
2. Shana F.
3. Tammy H.
4. Terri R.
5. Meleia B.

-- NOTE: There are several more ladies who I would like to tag, but I was asked to only tag 5. So, that's where I stopped. I know these girls will get you 'tagged' as well!! :)

(I will go to your blogs girls and post comments so that you will know you have been awarded!!)

Have a blessed day my sweet sisters in Christ who are some of the best friends a girl could ask for!!

This entry was posted on October 29, 2008 at Wednesday, October 29, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Thanks for the tag. It will give me something to blog about! I know exactly who I'm going to tag, too.

Wed Oct 29, 04:15:00 PM 2008

Awww, I'm honored...not sure when I'll get mine up, but it better be soon...I'll run out of people to tag.

I've been worried about you, just because I haven't seen you. I'm praying for you.

Terri

Thu Oct 30, 07:49:00 AM 2008

Thank you for worrying! I have been swamped and flat out overwhelmed with life over the past month... not to mention sick and then out of town. So, not to worry... God is keeping me close and getting me through being overwhelmed. I was at bible study last Tuesday and we will be at the Fall Festival on Saturday and church on Sunday. So, rest easy my sweet sister, but when you do have a spare moment, your prayers are appreciated and treasured!! I love you Terri! You are a blessing!!

Thu Oct 30, 08:43:00 AM 2008

Thanks for the award. I love the concept of a "perfect blend" - that's exactly what most friendships are......a perfect blend. I'll try to work on this in the next couple of days. Thanks again for thinking of me!

Mon Nov 03, 09:45:00 AM 2008

Thanks! I am blessed to call you my friend!

Mon Nov 03, 04:00:00 PM 2008

Post a Comment