testing

A Few Of My Favorite Things  

Posted by Cyndi Lou in

Yes, I am a 'Sound of Music' fan, but, I grabbed this idea from a dear friend of mine, Meleia. (I hope that is OK Meleia.) You should go check out her blog, 'Life With Libby'... it is one that I really enjoy reading. So, her post 'Get Your Grill On' got me thinking about what would be on my list of things that I could endure for a VERY, VERY long time... or at the very least, a list of my FAVORITE things. So, my list is below... ENJOY!!

1. LONG weekends.
2. Vacations at the beach or just about anywhere.
3. A hug and/or a kiss from one of my 'babies', especially the unexpected hugs and kisses!
4. A really good movie at the BIG SCREEN.
5. Getting lost in a story inside the pages of a GREAT book.
6. Cuddling with my hubby just about anytime, anywhere.
7. A FANTASTIC highlight and haircut-- I have a fabulous hairdresser! :)
8. A clean house.
9. A wonderful photograph that I took.
10. Spending quality time with my family.
11. A GREAT playlist on my iPod.
12. A blissful Sunday afternoon nap.
13. Going to a really awesome SEC football game, preferably played by Georgia or Auburn.
14. Seeing a child smile out of pure, simple joy.
15. Hearing the laughter of a child.
16. Holding a sleeping baby.
17. Rocking my son to sleep just about every night when he was a baby.
18. Singing and cuddling with my daughter at bedtime.
19. A girls night out or a weekend away with the girls!
20. A romantic date out (or in) with my hubby! (I am a HUGE romantic- flowers, notes, chivalry, dancing- all the mushy stuff! I LOVE IT!!)
21. A weekend away with just me and my hubby - preferably in a cabin in the mountains!
22. A nice, long, hot bubble bath.
23. Seeing the 'nice guy get the girl', usually in the movies, but I love when it happens for REAL... like in the cases of Joe Rogers and Brad Farmer - 2 of the nicest guys I know. ;)
24. Singing a beautiful praise song and truly praising my King!
25. Swinging on a porch on a beautiful, crisp Fall afternoon.
26. Laughing so hard that my stomach aches.
27. A full body massage at a day spa.
28. A really good hug from a dear friend-- the kind of hug you can still 'feel' even as they walk away. :)
29. Witnessing someone discover the amazing, saving grace and forgiveness of my Savior.

So, what would be on your list of favorite things??

This entry was posted on September 13, 2008 at Saturday, September 13, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

I like all of your favorite things, too! I need to add them to my list of things I could endure forever. I tried to leave a comment a second ago, but it froze up? Anyway, not only am I a list person, but I love knowing what makes others happy.

Sat Sep 13, 08:48:00 PM 2008

Oh, this is a great idea. I might have to do one myself......althought, it would be a long list.

And, I must agree. Brad & Joe are truly nice guys. Who couldn't like them? They're definitely keepers!

Sun Sep 14, 09:10:00 AM 2008

Post a Comment