testing

Two Hearts  

Posted by Cyndi Lou in ,

I discovered a song Sunday night and I love it!! It is not the latest and greatest top 40 hit, nor is it a new praise song, or even a beautiful love song. It is a nursery rhyme lullaby. I LOVE the song! I have been singing it all day! I can't believe my little ones are 6 and 7 and I am just now discovering it. The song is titled, 'I See The Moon'. Do any of you know the song? The tune is so sweet and I love the words. The lyrics are:

I See the Moon

I see the moon (and) the moon sees me
The moon sees the somebody I'd like to see
God Bless the moon and God Bless me
And God Bless the somebody I'd like to see.

It seems to me that God above
Created you for me to love
He picked you out from all the rest
Because he knew I loved you best

I once had a heart as good as new
But now it's gone from me to you
Take care of it as I have done
For you have two and I have none

If I get to heaven and you're still not there
I'll carve your name on a golden stair
A way up high for all to see
Just how much you mean to me

Well, I was singing the song to the kids last night and Austin asked me about the '2 heart' thing. He didn't quite understand that concept. So, I explained to him, the best I knew how to explain to a 6 year old boy, that when a man or woman becomes a daddy or a mommy, that this is the day that we decide to let our hearts walk around outside of our bodies for the rest of our lives. This is true because we invest so much of our hearts and souls into our children and we love them so much. So, we say 'our hearts go with our children' because we love them so much.

You could see the light bulb go off in his head, after the second time I explained it! He understood what I was saying and was convinced that he had my heart in his precious little 6 year old body. He even talked about 'cutting the 2 in 1/2 so he could share it with others'. (Only boys would think of cutting the heart in 1/2!!!!) He said since he has 2 hearts, he can share with people who need more love. :)

(Sidenote: OK... you will need a little background here, Austin's heart normally seems to beat so incredibly fast and strong. Joe and I have commented several times on this fact in front of Austin after we feel his chest to check his heart beat. I have never felt a heart beat in a child the way Austin's does. It is unreal. We have often wondered if something is wrong with his heart to beat so strong and fast, but the doctors say there is nothing to worry about.)

So, after I finish explaining to Austin about the whole 'having a child is allowing your heart to walk around outside of your body for the rest of your life' metaphor AND the light bulb has gone off, my son says, almost under his breath and with a certain assurance,

'So, I have 2 hearts. Hmmm... That must be why mine beats so fast and strong!' He was quite pleased at this 'answer to the mystery' and I must say that I was too! Sometimes, their logic is oh, so simple!! It was good moment! ;)

This entry was posted on September 8, 2008 at Monday, September 08, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Love the song. I've heard it before a long time ago. It's very sweet.

It's true that we lose our hearts to those we love. Sandy and Nipper have both completely captured mine. I've been without a heart for a long time because of those two guys.

Love the concept of two hearts beating in Austin's strong heart.

Love,

Tammy

Wed Sep 10, 12:05:00 PM 2008

Oh, How I love a good moment!

Great story
Shana

Wed Sep 10, 01:07:00 PM 2008

Post a Comment