testing

Don't Blink... (Part 3 of 3)  

Posted by Cyndi Lou in , ,

'Don't blink! Just like that, you're 6 years old and you take a nap, and you wake up and you're 25 and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife... 100 years goes faster than you think! So, Don't Blink....'

Those are not my words. They are a songwriter's words, but those words have pierced my heart over the past month. I discovered this song, by Kenny Chesney, and it pretty much summarizes how FAST the past 6 to 7 years of our lives have gone by... in a blink, in a moment, much, much too fast!! And I don't see it slowing down any time soon!!

It seems that May 22, 2001 was just YESTERDAY and we were holding our daughter for the first time in our arms. Then, less than 12 months later, 50 weeks to be exact, to the day, we were incredibly blessed to be holding our son, on May 8, 2002. AMAZING!!

Then, we blinked and those 2 babies turned 6 and 7 this month!! It seems that the older they get, the FASTER the years go by. I have really started thinking what we are doing with our days with them and with the precious moments that we have together....

Are we teaching them...

  • To love God with their whole hearts?
  • To love others freely and purely?
  • To laugh and play and to not take life too seriously?
  • To appreciate each moment, each day, each memory?
  • Are we showing them how you can love one another in a marriage completely, faults and all?
  • Are we teaching them not to blink, so you don't miss a moment with the ones you love?
Well, lately, I have grown to appreciate my family so much more than ever before. My 2 children's birthdays were this month, along with Mother's Day, and my mom's birthday is this Sunday! Happy Birthday Mom! I love you so much and I am so grateful for you and your love in my life! You have helped to make me the woman I am today! Thank you for all you gave for our family!!

On that note, I have noticed that we blinked and our babies are children now and it won't be long before they will be graduating from high school, going off to college, and starting families of their own! Wow! (I know, I know, that is years away, but you get the point... You ALL KNOW I am a planner!!!- Where ARE those Harvard letters I already started for Anna Grace???) Where DOES the time go?

I hope you enjoy watching the last year of Austin's life with us. I enjoyed watching it as I put it together, but more importantly, I enjoyed living it with him!! Remember, when it comes to your family, don't blink, because if you do, you will miss something and every moment with your loved ones is a precious gift!

Austin, I hope you have a wonderful year ahead of you my son! We love you so very much!

This entry was posted on May 23, 2008 at Friday, May 23, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Wow, another great slide show. They do grow up so fast....Bryce will be 6 in August.....yep, an Eye-opening reality.

Love ya'll so much!
Shana

Fri May 23, 05:14:00 PM 2008

Great job once again!! Maybe I can hire you to do that for me one day! :)

Fri May 23, 08:33:00 PM 2008

OH YEA - tell Anna Grace we said HAPPY BIRTHDAY, a day late!

Fri May 23, 08:34:00 PM 2008

The slideshows and pictures are great! Those kids are growing up so fast and they are absolutely precious. You guys are doing a great job with them :)

Tue May 27, 10:48:00 PM 2008

Beautiful children!!! Great job on the slide shows!

Do tell... where did you find the knight's costume at the beginning of part 3??!! So adorable!

Wed May 28, 10:43:00 AM 2008

Post a Comment