testing

Only God Knows... Please Pray for the Sponberg Family  

Posted by Cyndi Lou in

I am truly sad to be posting this, but please be in prayer for Greg and Nicol Sponberg. Some of you will remember that they spoke and sang at our Valentine's Banquet at EMC. They moved here to the Dalton area a while back because they loved the North Georgia area so much. They are a beautiful couple with 1 daughter, Summer, and 1 newborn son, Luke, who was only 10 weeks old. He was born on March 18, 2008.

Baby Luke passed away last night. Nicol fed him at 8 PM and put him to bed. She went back in to check on him at 10 PM and he wasn't breathing. I can't imagine their sadness and grief. Only God knows the purpose. Only God's grace and peace can make sense of this tragedy for this family. Please read the blog entry here posted by her sister-in-law, Angie Smith, about Luke.

'Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.'
-Philipians 4:6-7 (emphasis mine)

Pray for grace, peace, and comfort for this precious family during this time!!

This entry was posted on May 28, 2008 at Wednesday, May 28, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Cyndi, I was in shock today. I've been in awe of Angie's blog since Shana pointed it to us. I seriously have read parts of it over and over. So many things she says...sound familiar to me. Anyway, I was checking for new posts(I'm addicted to blogs now) this morning at school. It seriously took my breath away. I've been praying off and on all day. I've also been seriously attached to my kids since the whole SCC thing. I want to make sure that they know that Mama loves them. It just seems like I'm seeing it over and over lately.
hugs to you and your kids,
Terri

Wed May 28, 05:16:00 PM 2008

Yes. I, too, have visited Angie's blog several times after Shana gave us the head's up. Gosh. What heartache. Seems there has been so much saddness lately. Trusting that Jesus will ultimately bring joy to all these awful circumstances....

Thu May 29, 10:05:00 AM 2008
Anonymous  

Oh my Lord, Cyndi I Had no idea of this sad news. Is there anything you need me to do just let me know. I have been blessed to never have been through the death of a child and pray to God I never will.
I have however experienced several times in my live friends and church family members who have. I prayed for an answer about this one time and God revelied to me that we do not know what God saved this child from in the future. I know that is not a lot of confort to some people, but we all know God is in control. My heart breaks for your friends and their family and I will continue to keep them in my prayers and put them on the prayer list at our church.

NaNa

Tue Jun 03, 01:13:00 PM 2008

I'm glad you've left this up for a bit to remind us to keep praying for them.

Wed Jun 04, 05:52:00 PM 2008

Post a Comment