testing

Everyday Greatness - True Stories about Real People  

Posted by Cyndi Lou in


I have just finished reading a book that has inspired and encouraged me with uplifting stories about real people! I love the way the book is broken out into different sections on different areas of life. The book is a compilation of Reader's Digest stories, with commentary and insight added by Stephen R. Covey. The book is well put together and is a great place to go to read true stories about real people.

The book is well put together and broken out into meaningful sections. These are just a few of the inspiriting topics covered.





Some of the sections (from the Table of Contents)-

Taking Charge-

  • Responsibility
  • Courage
  • Discipline
Starting Within-
  • Integrity
  • Humility
  • Gratitude
Creating the Dream-
  • Vision
  • Innovation
  • Quality
This book is an excellent motivational tool. Knowing that the well respected Stephen Covey gives his commentary and insight made the book even more interesting to me. I love the fact that so many inspiring stories are together in one place for me to reference when I need to see how someone else handled trial or adversity. It is a great tool for me to use with my children, too!! I highly recommend this book. You must know that it is a compilation of Reader's Digest stories and not a new book written by Covey. He is a contributor. But,it is well done and worth having on your bookshelf!

While there is NO substitute for God's Holy word that He wrote for us, this book is a great secular tool for motivation and encouragement through the stories of perseverance in other people's lives.

This entry was posted on March 22, 2010 at Monday, March 22, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment