testing

Happy 7th Birthday Austin!  

Posted by Cyndi Lou in ,

"Don't blink! Just like that, you're 6 years old and you take a nap, and you wake up and you're 25 and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife... 100 years goes faster than you think! So, Don't Blink...."

Those are not my words. They are a songwriter's words, but those words have found a place in my heart over the past year. Those words pretty much summarize how FAST the past 8 years of our lives have gone by... in a blink, in a moment, & much, much too fast!! And we don't see it slowing down any time soon!!

It seems that May 22, 2001 was just YESTERDAY and we were holding our daughter for the first time in our arms. Then, less than 12 months later, 50 weeks to be exact, to the day, we were incredibly blessed to be holding our son, on May 8, 2002. AMAZING!!

Then, we blinked and Austin is 7 years old today!! It seems that the older he & his sister get, the FASTER the years go by. I have really started to think about what we are doing with our days with them and with the precious, fleeting moments that we have together....

Are we teaching them...

  • To love God with their whole hearts?
  • To love others freely and purely?
  • To laugh and play and to not take life too seriously?
  • To appreciate each moment, each day, each memory?
  • Are we showing them how you can love one another in a marriage completely, faults and all?
  • Are we teaching them not to blink, so you don't miss a moment with the ones you love?
Austin, I pray that Daddy & I are teaching you & your sister the important things-- things that last, things that are eternal, and things that really, really matter- like family, friends, investing in others, & loving with your whole heart! We pray that you grow to be a strong man of God & a person who lives life to the fullest!!! We pray that we are teaching you to love freely, forgive fully, and follow after God with your whole heart!!

I am re-posting a video I put together for his 6th birthday last year. I am posting this because it is one of Austin's favorites and he loves this song. So, some of you have seen it before and for that, I apologize, but it gives a great glimpse into who Austin is. I hope you enjoy watching this short video, because I know we enjoyed living these moments with him. Remember, when it comes to your family, don't blink, because if you do, you will miss something and every moment with your loved ones is a precious gift!

Austin, we hope you have a blessed, HEALTHY year ahead of you son! We love you so very much! And, we are SO PROUD of the faith & courage you have shown over the past few months! Happy 7th birthday little man!!

Love,

Mommy & Daddy


This entry was posted on May 8, 2009 at Friday, May 08, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

15 comments

Happy Birthday, Austin. You are greatly loved on this and every day. I'm praying for you all ! Have a wonderful and blessed birthday!!!

Fri May 08, 06:39:00 AM 2009
Renny and Margaret Scott  

Austin, you are definitely destined 4 great things! We pray that Jesus will surprise you on this happy day with good things. Lots of love, love, love, Renny and Margaret

Fri May 08, 06:49:00 AM 2009
Anonymous  

Austin,
Keith and I have already figured out how special you are and we already love you little guy. We wish you a very happy birthday and look forward to the coming years getting to know you better.
(Pastor Keith) and Sarah

Fri May 08, 08:16:00 AM 2009
K Souther  

Happy Birthday Austin! Hope you have a wonderful and exciting birthday. We love you all very much -

The Souther Family

GREAT VIDEO!!!!

Fri May 08, 08:31:00 AM 2009

Happy birthday Austin!!!!! We are so blessed that Maddie and Ella are growing up with you and Anna Grace! We love you all!!!!!!

Fri May 08, 08:51:00 AM 2009

Have a very special day today Austin. Know that you are loved by family and friends.

Fri May 08, 09:21:00 AM 2009
Jimmy Dyer  

Austin for your Birthday,always know that Mrs.Laura and I Love You and wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Fri May 08, 09:21:00 AM 2009

Happy Birthday Austin, from the Flemings (Tim, Angela, Katie, Kyle, and Ella)! We hope you have a great day and the best year ever! Love you and your family!

Fri May 08, 10:21:00 AM 2009
Anonymous  

Happy Birthday Austin!!!!! You are a great blessing to all of us @ EMC, but a greater blessing to Jesus who is watching over you. Love, Mrs. Brenda and Mr. Ronnie.

Fri May 08, 10:24:00 AM 2009
Laura  

Happy Birthday Austin!!! I hope you and Anna Grace have a blast this year celebrating your birthdays! You're one of the most super-cool guys we know, I wish my brother had been more like you when I was growing up. See you at church tomorrow.
Love you so much, Mrs. Laura

Fri May 08, 11:33:00 AM 2009
Anonymous  

Happy Birthday Austin! We pray that you have a wonderful day full of family, friends and fun. You and your family are in our thoughts and our prayers.

Love,
Sonya, Bobby, Grace and Emily

Fri May 08, 12:10:00 PM 2009
Anonymous  

Austin,

I read on your mom's blog that today is your special day.....Happy Birthday to you!! You are such a special young man to God, your family and your friends. God has a wonderful plan for your life. I hope today is a wonderful day for you and that this new year is filled with lots of fun, learning, and growing in the Lord. You are the age of two of my grandchildren and I know you're probably busy in lots of activities. (I've heard you play the piano at your recitals and I think you're great! And I hope you keep up with your musical training....I'm partial to music!) I've read that you're having surgery on June 10th. I want you to know that I, along with your church and family and many people in different places, will be praying for you!! I know you have already asked Jesus into your heart, and I'm so glad you have the confidence that He is already working this out for you. Your young faith is a wonderful testimony already! I'm so proud of you. You're going to be just fine, and God is going to use you in mighty ways all the days of your life as you follow Him. God loves you and so do I Austin! Have a very happy birthday!

With love, Lynn Starks

Fri May 08, 01:50:00 PM 2009
Anonymous  

Happy Birthday Austin!! I hope you are having a fun day!! Praying for you and hoping you have the best year ever!! Love you, Lisa and Darrell Peden (P.S. one day when you are older I have lots of stories to share with you about your mommy's younger days!!) :)

Fri May 08, 04:47:00 PM 2009
Anonymous  

Happy Birthday Austin! My birthday was yesterday and it seems like yesterday that I turned 7 vs. 45.
We are praying for you and your family!
Love you guys, Ronda, Greg and Brodey

Fri May 08, 07:20:00 PM 2009

What a sweet video, I also enjoyed your post. Hope his birthday was a blessed one. Got him and the rest of the family in out prayers.

Mon May 11, 03:03:00 PM 2009

Post a Comment