testing

25 Things I love about Joe...  

Posted by Cyndi Lou in

I have been 'absent' from 'bloggyville', as my dear friend, Shana, calls it, for just over a month now. I realized I have missed it. I have much to catch you up on, but today, I will start with this tribute to my husband. (I hope I still have a few friends out there who will actually read this.)

My dear husband joined the '40's club' this past Monday, February 9th. We had a wonderful party full of fantastic friends and we celebrated for sure! But, given that tomorrow is Valentine's Day and his birthday was this week, I took an idea that is running a muck on FB (this stands for FaceBook, if you have been hiding under a rock for the last year and didn't know that) and decided to adapt it to Joe, my husband of 14 1/2 years.

25 Things I love about you Joe....

  1. You are my true love and my soul mate.
  2. You are my best friend and you know me like no other.
  3. You are STILL my best friend even THOUGH you know me like no other.
  4. You mailed me love letters about 3x/week during my last quarter at UGA. VERY romantic! (My roommates began to HATE going to the mailbox thanks to your letters.)
  5. You have stood by my side and held my hand through some VERY TOUGH times.
  6. You didn't give up during those times and you are very strong!
  7. You make me laugh so hard that my stomach hurts and tears come to my eyes.
  8. You are a wonderful provider for our family and you work very hard in your 'day job' to provide for us.
  9. You are a wonderful daddy to our children.
  10. You are the one I always want to spend my free time with, unless I get to go away with my girlfriends!! ;) (Just kidding, honey!)
  11. You and I share a love of music and we both love to sing, dance, and listen to many kinds of music.
  12. You love to spend time with the 3 of us playing games, watching movies, laughing, and just being silly!
  13. You love to cook and cook great meals for our family.
  14. You treat Anna Grace (& her mommy) like a princess.
  15. You are teaching Austin to respect his mommy, others, and to be a gentleman.
  16. You take care of us when we are sick.
  17. You pray with our children (& sing to them when I can't be there at bedtime).
  18. You listen to me when I need someone to talk to or cry to or complain to.
  19. You have a contagious laugh that you somehow passed on to our son. I love to hear my boys laugh!!
  20. You are a good friend to our friends. You would be there for them at the drop of a hat. You have a big heart and you care a great deal about others.
  21. I have a great deal of respect for you and I am so very proud of you.
  22. I feel safe when you hold me and I feel that I am protected from this cruel world!
  23. I love that I get to spend the next 40+ years with you, my best friend, the Lord willing!
  24. ILY... IWY... INY... and I am SO glad I said YES to our first date 15 years ago last month!!
  25. And, most importantly, you love the Lord and are a wonderful leader for our family.
So, there you have it- my 25 things about Joe! I am humbled and amazed at God's grace, mercy, and favor on our family. I am amazed at what we have endured and I am hopeful, prayerful, and excited about our future as a family! I love you my friend and soul mate. Don't ever forget that.

Love,

Lou

This entry was posted on February 13, 2009 at Friday, February 13, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Super Sweet!!

Fri Feb 13, 11:46:00 AM 2009

Two of my favorite people to be around. I wish you were sitting with us tonight. love you,
Terri

Fri Feb 13, 02:13:00 PM 2009

Terri, I do too, more than you know!! I guess we will just have to go out on a date soon, just the 4 of us to make up for it. :) Oh, and the dinner is tomorrow night, right? If you are there tonight, I am afraid you will be by your lonesome. :)

Love you gals!!

Cyndi

Fri Feb 13, 02:33:00 PM 2009

Awww great list!

Fri Feb 13, 07:09:00 PM 2009

Post a Comment