testing

Quote Of The Day  

Posted by Cyndi Lou in , ,

Tonight I was tucking Austin into bed and he asked me if we could pray together first thing, before we did anything else (in our bedtime routine). I told him, 'Of course we can son. Do you want to go first?' He replied, 'No, mom, you go first and I will go last.' So, I prayed my prayer and then it was Austin's turn.

Now, Austin is a child of few words. He is direct and to the point, much unlike his sister and his mother. We both can be a tad bit talkative, but not Austin. His prayers are usually direct, to the point, and with no 'fluff'- a young man after Brad Farmer's own heart!! :) Well, tonight, as I waited for 'his turn', I expected the same 'to the point prayer'. And, this is what I got...

'Dear Lord, thank you for this day and for our family. Thank you for keeping us safe. Give us good rest tonight and a good day tomorrow.' (This is where his prayer usually ends, but he continued...)

'And, Lord, please help everyone in the world know about you. Help other people tell other people and those people to tell other people. Help everyone know about you Lord and know your name so they can see you in Heaven Lord and love you like I do! Please Lord! Please Lord!! Amen.' (With much enthusiasm)

What more can you add to this fervent request of a young child's heart but AMEN??

"But when Jesus saw this, He was indignant and said to them, 'Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.' -- Mark 10:14 New American Standard version

Oh, and P.S., on a lighter note...

Austin is SURE that there are (and I quote) "thousands of Wii's in Heaven since God is so awesome and Heaven is such a perfect place"! Again, out of the mouth of babes....

Have a blessed evening!

This entry was posted on July 28, 2008 at Monday, July 28, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

9 comments

You know when you don't talk a bunch, people take note when you finally do speak up to say something. Austin made Brad proud.......especially with his addition at the end.

What a wonderful heart that little guy has.

I know seeing that heart and soul of your son makes you so happy and proud, and I know it makes OUR FATHER happy and proud too.

Y'all have a great time at the beach! Try to post if you can! We'll want to see all your fun in the sun!

Mon Jul 28, 10:50:00 PM 2008

I love it!!! He's a keeper if I do say so myself. Maybe he'll grow up and marry Erin! That would be OKAY with me.
Terri

Tue Jul 29, 07:36:00 AM 2008

Cyndi,
What a precious and honest heart! I'm sure God had a laugh with that one.

Love,
MB

Tue Jul 29, 09:13:00 AM 2008

Sounds like a little evangelist to me! Already concerned and burdened for souls! AMEN, Austin!!! :)

Tue Jul 29, 10:25:00 AM 2008

Could I sign him up for the Sunday Prayer team?

What a great prayer!!!

Tammy

Tue Jul 29, 11:49:00 AM 2008

Tammy,

I would be more than honored!! I pray that he grows up to be a prayer warrior!

Tue Jul 29, 12:35:00 PM 2008

That's awesome.

Tue Jul 29, 05:16:00 PM 2008

Nothing sweeter than a child's prayer!! Hope you guys have an awesome time at the beach!

Thu Jul 31, 05:39:00 PM 2008

Hey Cyndi, guess who came to church this morning? Linda Fitzgerald...I think she really liked it...just thought you would want to be informed...LOL.
love you and have a blast!
Terrri

Sun Aug 03, 02:02:00 PM 2008

Post a Comment