testing

Forever Friendships: Girlfriends are Grand!  

Posted by Cyndi Lou in ,

Well, I must say that I have been truly blessed! If I wondered at all about my blessings, or lack thereof, BEFORE this past weekend, I need not wonder any longer! You see, I have just arrived home from a FABULOUS weekend away with 18 of my girlfriends from church. They are an incredible group of ladies, as I learned more and more over the course of the past weekend. They are truly undeserved gifts from God in my life!!

I have learned that it is truly a precious gift to find one woman, much less several, that you can laugh with, talk with, cry with, pray with, complain to, scrapbook with, shop with, or just be silent with! It is amazing that we can truly call one another sisters in Christ and we can just 'be there' for one another.

I have said it to several of you and I will say it again, I shudder to think where my family and I would be without my sisters who have loved me through some very difficult times and rejoiced with me over my victories and my many, many blessings!! I know I wouldn't be where I am today and I know that God has orchestrated EVERY moment- the struggles and the victories to bring my family and me to this exact place!! I look forward to looking back when we are all old(er) and gray, and seeing that we have been in the process of creating 'Forever Friendships' in our own lives and in the lives of our children who are getting the privilege of growing up together with so many wonderful ladies (and men) in their lives. Creating 'Forever Friendships' is a lifelong journey and can be painful at times, but I am along for the incredible ride!!

In the coming months or year, a few of us may have to move away and call another place 'home', but they will still be a part of this bond and this special group of women!! God has grown our group over the past year and I am SO GRATEFUL for that!! I truly enjoyed getting to know several ladies over the past weekend and I enjoyed strengthening the bond I already shared with many of you! THANK YOU Lord for girlfriends!! They are simply GRAND- through the good and the bad!!!

I have posted some pictures from the trip below. Our view from the beautiful cabin was GRAND also, but I was enjoying my weekend so much that I forgot to take a picture of that. I simply took pictures of the beautiful ladies that I was blessed to spend time with. You are my 'hiders' and I love you dearly!!! Enjoy these pictures and have a blessed week- refreshed and rejuvenated!!


This is all 22 of us (including 3 precious babies)

This is several of us in front of our cabin just before we left on Sunday.


This is precious Ella playing with Nancy on Saturday evening. Praise the Lord for her health!!!

Tammy and Tamara enjoying a good game of Cranium! (I won't remind them who won, but let's just say it wasn't them!)


Here is Jennifer getting pampered with a pedicure and a back rub-- Marilyn is the one standing on the chair!

Kristy and Terri enjoying some good 'talking' time on Saturday evening!

Mary Beth, Tamara, and Tammy having a great evening!

This entry was posted on April 28, 2008 at Monday, April 28, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

17 comments

That's a lot of fine lookin' women! Of course I am partial to right side, third one down! Glad ya'll had fun!

Erik

Mon Apr 28, 09:59:00 AM 2008

Cyndi,
If it weren't for you we wouldn't have had such a beautiful cabin to enjoy one another in. Thanks for the planning and making sure every detail was perfect.

You guys are even better than I thought! I had a blast.

Love,
Mary Beth "Hired"

Mon Apr 28, 11:16:00 AM 2008

Amen! I am so very grateful to God for every woman in those pictures!! It was an awesome weekend!! Looking forward to next year!
Love, Tammy Hi - "hired" and proud of it!

Mon Apr 28, 12:23:00 PM 2008

Cyndi-
You did an awesome job with the planning!!

To all of you-
What a wonderful time just to be together. I couldn't agree more w/ Cyndi- what a blessed feeling to know there are friends who love and cherish each other!!

Mon Apr 28, 12:29:00 PM 2008

I agree whole-heartedly!! Thank you so much for planning and finding that awesome cabin we stayed in. It was a wonderful weekend with the ladies building up old friendships and laying the foundation for new ones.
Love to all...
Marilyn

Mon Apr 28, 12:36:00 PM 2008

Cyndi,

We all can't say it enough.....Thank you, thank you, thank you SOOOO Much!! We appreciate all you did to make the weekend come together. It was perfect!!

I had such a wonderful time and it was great to get to know one another better!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures too.

Love ya
Shana

Mon Apr 28, 01:28:00 PM 2008

Cyndi, You are so NOT a "Hired" and I love that about you. I want to also say thank you, everything was perfect, the cabin, the food, and the fellowship. I love you all!

Mon Apr 28, 01:46:00 PM 2008

Oh, good grief! That comment came out all wrong. I always knew you guys were awesome but you are more awesome than I ever imagined!

Leave it to a Hired to mess up a compliment!

MB "the town idiot"

Mon Apr 28, 01:59:00 PM 2008

Hey MB-

Why didn't you tell me to get my big, fat head out of your way.....I was trying to make more room for everyone below me, and I ended up blocking your pretty little head.......talk about idiot, that would be me. So sorry!!

Resident Fat Head,
Shana

Mon Apr 28, 02:04:00 PM 2008

I believe my presence was known just fine...I love your fat head and your sense of humor. MB

Mon Apr 28, 02:09:00 PM 2008

Thank you Cyndi for all that you did.

I loved spending the weekend with all of you. You girls are soooo much fun!!! I can't wait until next year to do this again. This was the most fun that I have had in a long time and I really needed it.

Shana,
I tryed to pell everyting corectly. Did i do otay? Sorry, I couldn't resist!!

Love you girls!!

Mon Apr 28, 02:48:00 PM 2008

Nancy-

You totally crack me up!

Since y'all won the game, I hereby declare that I shall never again inadvertantly insult your intelligence by bragging on one of your team mate's. I will from here on out and forevermore, totally hold your great intelligence at a very high esteem!!!

You genius you!! Can I please be on your team next year? I promise I can spell Honolulu backwards. (ha ha)

Laughing out loud here!

Love ya
Shana

Mon Apr 28, 03:01:00 PM 2008
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mon Apr 28, 04:23:00 PM 2008

anahS dna ycnaN (dna eht tser fo uoy, oot),

I evol uoy slag os hcum! uoY era lla os emosewa!!! ll'aY kcarc em pu!! LOL!!

evoL uoY,

idnyC (os "toN" a "deriH") :)

S.P. ululonoH

Mon Apr 28, 04:25:00 PM 2008

Wow!!

That took some talent, see Nancy, I told you she was smart :)

Thanks for letting us keep the weekend alive a little longer!!...

-shana

Mon Apr 28, 04:32:00 PM 2008

Cyndi,
I agree with everyone! You did an awesome job and I hope you know how much we appreciate your hard work. I too had a "great" time and feel so refreshed. I loved spending time with you guys and getting to know everyone much better. Ya'll are a fantastic group of women and I feel privileged to call you my friends.

I would also like to point out that I was a part of that winning team and Nancy lerned everyting she nos from me!!!

I love you girls!
From one "hired" to another.

Mon Apr 28, 05:30:00 PM 2008

Oh sweet Cyndi. Thank you so much for all you did for this weekend! You are absolutely precious. I'm so thankful for all of you lovely ladies!!! I'm proud to be a "hired".

Peace out,
Jenny

Mon Apr 28, 09:59:00 PM 2008

Post a Comment