testing

"Living In The Middle" Wednesday  

Posted by The Rogers Family in

I must share something with you on this "hump day" Wednesday that I am learning about this week! I am watching a great series of videos at work (of all places)! The videos are offered by Andy Stanley as a ministry through North Point Ministries. It is called Life Lessons Over Lunch. We watch one video in a series every other Tuesday during our lunch hour. It is an awesome opportunity to bring our walk with God into the work place- into our daily lives among our daily routines.

Currently, we are watching the video series titled Canvas. It is about how God is weaving this amazing picture on the canvas of our world, our lives, and on our hearts all for one purpose only- to bring Glory to Himself. It is painting the picture, in my mind at least, of how BIG God really is and how small, teeny, tiny we really are! As Louie Giglio put it yesterday (he was the speaker yesterday), "We're loved little people with a HUGE, GLORIOUS GOD!' Let that soak in for a minute!! He is the GOD of the UNIVERSE and I am just little ol' me living in a small, tiny part of the world. Humbling, isn't it?

But, the part that really spoke to me, was that he talked about 'living in the middle'. He drove home the fact that God is working 'in the middle' of every situation we encounter!!

- No matter what kind of day I am having, HE is in the MIDDLE of it!
- No matter how tough my circumstances may seem, HE is in the MIDDLE of it!!
- No matter how long the night may seem, HE is RIGHT THERE in the MIDDLE of it!!
- No matter how tired I may get as a mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend, HE is RIGHT THERE in the MIDDLE of it all!

He is all about bringing GLORY to Himself, no matter what the circumstance is in my life. We all focus on starting a new project, at home, at work, at church, wherever, or on accomplishing or finishing that project. Those are the focus points for our finite minds, and we gloss over what happens in the middle. But GOD is all about bringing Glory to Himself IN THE MIDDLE!! Life happens 'IN THE MIDDLE'!!!

You might as well have smacked me in the head with an iron skillet! I feel like most days I don't make a difference....

*I am in the middle of a big project at work, or.....
*In the middle of driving my children to school, dance, art, piano, or T-Ball, or Soccer, or...
*I am in the middle of spring cleaning my home (Can we all say UGGHHHHH here??), or...
*I am in the middle of trying to figure out how to get it all done in 24 hours each day...
* And you can add what YOU are in the middle of here...

The point I am learning is that HE IS THERE!! HE is RIGHT THERE with me in the middle of it all- no matter how big or small the task might be! That is what He wants to be about- about being with US in the MIDDLE!! He doesn't want us to start with Him and then 'live our lives' with Him on the shelf and then finish with Him when we see His face in Glory some day. He wants to be about being right there with us IN THE MIDDLE of our lives! He wants our MIDDLE to be about Him and glorifying Him no matter how big or small our tasks may seem.

HMMMMMM... I was humbled yesterday and I still am today. One other awesome thing that Louie Giglio stated was this.....

'I am NOT, but I know I AM!'

Exodus 3:14-- 'God said to Moses, I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Isrealites: I AM has sent me to you.' (emphasis mine)

Let THAT sink in for a moment! I am NOT but I know who is I AM!! I know I AM personally! He is MY GOD!! I am going to have to let that sink in for awhile!

* I feel weary and tired today--- I am NOT, but I know I AM
* I am frustrated with my children, my husband, my family-- I am NOT, but I know I AM
* I need healing for me or my family, or a friend -- I am NOT, but I know I AM
* I need more hours in the day to get it all done-- I am NOT, but I know I AM

Let's LIVE IN THE MIDDLE with the GREAT I AM! I pray you have a blessed 'Living In The Middle' Wednesday!

I love you my friends!

This entry was posted on March 19, 2008 at Wednesday, March 19, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Hey Cyndi, here is the link to the lou giglio utube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9gwT9aLmbM
It's very good if you get a chance to watch it. My kids(the 11,10, and 7 year old even enjoyed it). The 3 year old didn't get it yet. But yours might.
Terri

Wed Mar 19, 03:02:00 PM 2008

I think I tried to post something earlier but it's not showing up. What I said before the last comment was that your blog was really great today. I watched Lou at the Chris Tomlin concert and he does a really great "How Great is our God" presentation about God breathing the stars into existence. Your kids might like to watch it. Mine did.

Wed Mar 19, 03:04:00 PM 2008

Reading this helps me see that God is bigger than all my "junk" I have going. He is truly "I AM" Thanks for posting this and letting us (especially me) reflect for a few minutes and recenter on the really important thing...GOD!!

Jenn

Wed Mar 19, 07:28:00 PM 2008

I love that whole idea. I always feel like I'm in the middle of something. It's good to realize that he is there even if I don't feel him every moment.

Tammy

Fri Mar 21, 06:56:00 PM 2008

Post a Comment