testing

Good Friday or "God's" Friday  

Posted by Cyndi Lou

What a beautiful day it is today! I am so excited about celebrating this Easter Sunday. The Easter songs that our Music Minister, Earl Brackin, has selected for us to sing are just AMAZING!! I only hope that the Lord can bless our singing so that they sound as glorious as they are intended to be. I can't wait to sing them on Sunday!

I just wanted to do a short post this morning to wish you all a very blessed and joyous Easter weekend! I pray that you take the time to reflect on the AWESOME price that was paid for all of us so many years ago! I cannot fathom or comprehend what it was like to be there so long ago! As a mother now, I cannot fathom how God felt as this day approached.... how heavy His heart must have been. The sacrifice that the King made for us, his children, says SO MUCH about the King, about the AMAZING King that He is!! It is unreal to me how our Lord and Savior was so terribly beaten, mocked, and scorned on this day, 'Good' Friday. The GREAT I AM was killed for we who are NOT! Why? Because His love is so much greater for us than my finite mind can comprehend.

From our family to yours, have a blessed and joyous Easter weekend and take the time to really hug your family (and the call the ones who aren't there with you) and to tell them how much you really do love them!! And take the time to worship your Savior, who died for you & me and rose again all because of the great love the Father has for us!! Now THAT is something to celebrate!

Please take about 7 minutes to watch and listen to the video below. My dear friend, Tammy Hildebrand, sent it out to us via email earlier this morning and it is amazing!! I had to share it with all of you. It places a proper perspective on the ENORMITY of what actually took place on the 'FIRST EASTER' over 2,000 years ago!!

We love you friends and family!

This entry was posted on March 21, 2008 at Friday, March 21, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Hi Cyndi, I'm excited about celebrating Easter as well. All of my trials seem so small in comparison to what Jesus went through for us.
Love you guys and see you Sunday!
Terri

Fri Mar 21, 11:07:00 AM 2008

Happy Easter to the Rogers!!! We love you guys soooo much and are so blessed that you are a part of our lives!

Fri Mar 21, 12:02:00 PM 2008

Great minds think alike. After I sent that out, I decided it needed to be on my blog too! I didn't know you had added it to yours. Well maybe this way, even more people will get to see it!

Fri Mar 21, 01:19:00 PM 2008

Happy Easter! Great reminders! Thanks for sharing.

Sat Mar 22, 09:50:00 PM 2008

Post a Comment