testing

Blessings on the "Mommies"  

Posted by Cyndi Lou in ,

This blog is titled "Rogers Family", so I figured I had better post something before Cyndi took away my log-in priviliges.

Most who know me, know that I have a special place in my heart for children. I suppose that has a great deal to do with the personal struggles Cyndi and I went through to start our own family, and the blessings that God poured out on us with the gift of two precious children in Anna Grace and Austin. I'd like to tell you that we were faithful and were seeking His face through all of our struggles and pain back then, but that would not be truthful. But our God is the God of love and He blessed us in spite of our unfaithfulness. I shall never take these blessings for granted and will never cease to pray over our children.

We all question God in times of pain and struggle and want to know the same thing ... "Why?". We generally never get a direct or immediate answer, but through His grace we often times understand later in life how a particular struggle was meant to shape us into what He intended for us to be, or to prepare us for something bigger that we would face later. I can't honestly say that I understand the "Why" behind all of our personal struggles, but I return to my opening comment ... I have a special place in my heart for children. Somehow through the path that brought me to this point in my life, my heart yearns for the children that I have the privilege of interacting with each week. Through our church family and close friendships, there are so many wonderful, precious children that I get to spend time with. It warms my heart to watch them play, laugh, and interact with one another and to grow, love and live. I won't make the mistake of calling names because most certainly I will miss someone, but what a joy and a blessing it is to know these children ... YOUR CHILDREN ... and to watch them grow and see their personalities take shape. And in the light of numerous baptisms over the past year, it is such an affirmation that God is in the lives our children and that He has chosen to do so through us as parents.

Which brings me to the original intent of this post (finally, right?). At the Rogers' house, all things are a shared responsibility between Mom and Dad. We both work, we both clean, we both pay bills, and we both parent. But I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that "Mom" is the glue that holds us all together. She is so in touch with all of our needs and does a terrific job of making sure that we all have what we need, and just when we need it -- especially for the kids. For every dance recital, PTO event, birthday party, bump, bruise, fashion emergency, T-ball game, show & tell, bath, .... all the way to the bedtime prayer ... Mom makes sure all bases are covered. And though it is sometimes frustrating and she gets worn out, she does it with love and she does it without fail.

So I take this opportunity to say "thank you" to our "Mommy" for all she means to us, and to all of the "Mommies" for the awesome job that you are doing with "our" children. In the face of your most frustrating and challenging times of the week, be encouraged with the difference that you are making in the lives of "our" children and know that you are answering the call of your Heavenly Father. He is proud of you, and so am I. Thank you for allowing me to be part of it. You are an incredible group of ladies!

- Joe

This entry was posted on April 13, 2008 at Sunday, April 13, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

9 comments

Joe that was so touching.

Cyndi- don't take away his log in priviliges!!

What a blessing awesome mommies are! Cyndi you are truly a special person to the members of the Jones family as well. We love you all!

Sun Apr 13, 03:21:00 PM 2008

Joe, thank you so much for that sentiment. You are so sweet to take the time to encourage us mommies. It means a lot.

And, by the way, I super love this new design or template or whatever. It looks so great!!!

Blessings on ya'll today and this week!!

Shana

Sun Apr 13, 05:10:00 PM 2008

Wow! The new look and options are a cool upgrade! Great words for all the mommies. Steven read the blog first earlier in the day and told me I needed to read it right away. Awesome post!

Sun Apr 13, 07:56:00 PM 2008

Wow, GREAT new look, GREAT DADDY, and GREAT words.
You guys are destined for GREAT thing!!!
love you guys,
Terri

Sun Apr 13, 08:42:00 PM 2008

Joe,
What a great writer you are and what a sweet thing to say about all the mommies. I couldn't agree with you more. We have such incredible mommies and parents around our church.

I'm glad to be there and have all these families and children in my life. I agree Joe..they are all "ours".

I love the new background too! It looks really great.

Tammy

Sun Apr 13, 10:55:00 PM 2008

Joe, Thank you! You made me cry. I will be sure that Keith Chastain reads this (I'm kidding, not really). When you look at the whole picture you can see how truly awesome God had created us, mommies and daddy's.

Thanks for sharing your heart.

Mon Apr 14, 08:36:00 AM 2008

Joe you have always blessed me with how you sincerely care for all of our children. Thank you so much for your kind words! We may all drive our children crazy with how close we all are, and how we all try help them to stay on the right path. But, one day they are going to look back and see how very blessed they were to have so many adults who loved them!

Mon Apr 14, 07:08:00 PM 2008

Joe, Your post was so sweet. You do have a wonderful wife. Both of you are wonderful and mean so much to our family. Once again thank you for being there for our family. The Flemings, Barbers, and Martins love you all very much!!!

Wed Apr 16, 09:44:00 AM 2008
Anonymous  

OK all you Mom's I hope your day was as Blessed and Special as mine.
First, let me say I do not often get to have do to location my family together every day or even every week, but let me share with you how awsome God blessed me for Mother's Day. Joe, Cyndi, Anna Grace and Austin were here for the entire weekend. First upon arrival on Friday night we celebrated with a birthday cake with a big #6 and star wars figures on one side and on the other a big #7 and barbie dolls and of course there were presents from NaNa.... We had a great time. On Saturday we all stayed at home made a big breakfast and tacos for lunch and Anna Grace and I started preparing all the special foods everyone likes. I had to provide Goodies (as we Baptist call them) for my Sunday School class. Anna Grace and I made the most beautiful tasty fruit angel food cake. I mean it was gone...... fast this morning. We did all the things we love ride bikes play Wi if thats what you call the game Austin got from his wonderful parents for his birthday. They had me dancing, boxing, playing tennis and wow was that a work out. We had bad storms during the night so no one got a lot of sleep but there was no way I was not going to church to take that wonderful cake. After returning from church Joe's sister and her family including the grand-dogs came and we had a wonderful day. The point I am trying to express (you can tell I am Joe's mom) God has blessed me way beyond anything I deserve, because of Him my heart is filled with His love and I wanted to share my wonderful day with all of you and hope you were as Blessed as I was Thank you Joe & Cyndi and my family and to the one who makes it all possible our Lord Jesus Christ. Happy Mother"s Day to all and God bless you always.

Love Ya'll
NaNa

Sun May 11, 06:52:00 PM 2008

Post a Comment